A simple side dish using our Truffle Mustard – a great way to give your cabbage a kick!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 17 minutes
Total Time: 27 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
3 tablespoons butter
1 large onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
2.5 lb green cabbage, quartered, cored and cut crosswise into quarter inch thick strips
¾ teaspoon fine salt
1 cup water
1 tablespoon Stonebarn Truffle Mustard
1 teaspoon bottled horseradish
1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- Heat butter in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until foam subsides, then sauté onion, stirring occasionally, for approx. 5 minutes until lightly browned.
- Stir in cabbage, salt and half cup water. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally for approx. 12 minutes until cabbage is just tender. Transfer to a serving dish.
- Whisk together Stonebarn Truffle Mustard, horseradish and flour in skillet.
- Add remaining half cup water and whisk until well combined.
- Simmer for 2 minutes, then stir into cabbage.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Click here to buy our Stonebarn Truffle Mustard and any other Stonebarn Truffle Products. Remember we offer FREE SHIPPING for all purchases over $23 Australia wide.