If your New Year’s Resolution was to cut down on your carbs and after a couple of months of being good you’re now starting to struggle, then you might like to try our Spicy Truffle Low Carb Pizza recipe. You won’t want to go back to conventional pizza after you’ve tried this.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Makes: 1 x 9 inch pizza
- 250g grated mozzarella
- 85g almond meal
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- 5 tbsp Stonebarn Black Truffle Sauce (or standard pizza sauce)
- 3 tbsp Stonebarn Black Truffle Chilli Sauce
- 1 tablespoon mixed herbs
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a circular pizza tray with baking paper.
- Place 170g mozzarella and almond meal in a microwave safe bowl and mix well.
- Add the cream cheese and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Remove from the microwave and mix well.
- Return to microwave for a further 30 seconds. Remove and mx again.
- Add the egg, salt and rosemary and gently mix until combined.
- Place dough on the prepared baking tray and shape into a circular base. If the dough hardens and is difficult to shape, return it to the microwave for 15 seconds.
- Use a fork to make holes all over the base.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and flip the pizza base before adding the toppings (this will make for a crispier base).
- Top with Stonebarn Black Truffle Sauce and Stonebarn Black Truffle Chilli Sauce (adding any extra toppings such as salami) also add the remaining 130g mozzarella and sprinkle with mixed herbs. Bake again for 8 minutes or until your toppings are cooked to your liking. Drizzle with Stonebarn Truffle Oil if you want to give it an even greater truffle taste.
To make this delicious truffle recipe please visit https://www.stonebarnshopping.com/ to buy Stonebarn Truffle Sauce, Truffle Chilli Sauce and Truffle Oil or click on the links in the recipe above.